Content marketing is about sharing information. It is the marketing of a brand or business through sharing of entertaining, insightful and educational information. These should add value and improve the lives of your readers. Content marketing is not about pitching sales at your users, it is about assisting them in their decision making.
Content marketing is also a strategic marketing approach. It emphasises the creation and dissemination of valuable, relevant, helpful and consistent content. Its aim is to target, attract and retain a specific audience, with the ultimate aim of driving profitable customer action.
Content can be shared in many consumable formats such as:
- Blog articles
The Relationship Between Content Marketing and SEO
Improving SEO involves many tasks, but none comes close to improving your website SEO like content marketing. This is so because, content is information, and Google is looking to feature the most relevant, high quality of information to search users. If your website lacks such information, forget it. It won’t rank and you won’t be found.
There is no SEO without content. Content is king. When your website ranks on the SERP, it is there because of specific keywords in your content. Therefore, more content equals more keywords, increasing your chance of being found on the SERP.
Another important factor in search ranks is the number of high-quality backlinks your site receives. Google views your website as authoritative and it reflects positively on your search rank. The easiest way for other sites to link back to yours is through great content. Content that educates and adds value that other sites want to share and link to.
Furthermore, Google favours websites that regularly update their content. When your site has regular content, it significantly reflects on search results. Alternatively, when you stop updating your content, it sends a signal to the search engines that your website is old and outdated. It simply drops your rank to avoid search engine users’ access to outdated and low-quality content.
Content Marketing Improves Customer Relations
Content marketing does not deal with the acquisition of customers only. It is also an avenue to maintain existing customer relationships. And this is achieved by providing the following resources;
- FAQs: frequently asked question is a content marketing technique where you answer customers questions thoroughly. FAQs can provide an avenue to send resources to users. It is also an effective way to generate organic traffic.
- Tutorials: This will help your users get the most of your service/products by showing them how
- Community updates: This is an avenue to promote your brand by sharing testimonials, or giving shootouts to clients to build a sense of belonging and togetherness.
The Route to an Effective Content Marketing Strategy
- Identify how content marketing as a strategy fits into your marketing mix
- Identify your target audience
- Identify what type of content will best serve your target audience. Taking into consideration quality and regularity.
- Promote your contents on social media
- Include content marketing in all stages of the buyer’s cycle
- Identify ways to involve customers in your contents
- Monitor measure, improve and repeat.